1.19.2009

those poor unfortunate souls

so sad. so true.

we're almost a week into classes - as such, I am clearly already behind with my reading. clearly! hence I am blogging: anywho... I finally registered for my fifth class. I had to get bumped from BioStats because there were more important grad students who had to take it - harrumph!. as it turns out, I now believe this was part of God's plan because while I was searching for a fifth class I was getting about three emails a day about these photography classes from ILS (Institute of Latino Studies) with this famous Mexican photographer. so I am now in "Exploring Society Photographically: Sharing, Voicing and Healing in Times of Crisis" with the craziest most random professor ever. seriously. it's kind of rediculous. but he's obviously amazing... as I discussed with my friend Andrea after class as we braved our way through the arctic tundra to the dining hall - he's just such an artist with the way he starts a sentence and then just sort of doesn't finish it. apparently a number of people dropped the class after the first day, which is understandable for the organized ND student. normally I like to be somewhat structured, but I figure if I'm going to be unable to take a regular photography class here this could be fun- and we all need a bit of chaos in our lives.

assignment 1: "take a picture tomorrow"... which we figured out means 'take a picture of your inauguration experience' as in - what were you doing while history was being made. after he assigned this he threw out the question, 'you all own cameras, right?' hahaha wow. I'm going to love this. (note: I have already taken 43 pictures of my inauguration experience thus far. sad, but this is clearly something I would be doing anyways. the kids' inaugural concert was on tonight... enough said).


Poor Unfortunate Souls - Jonas Brothers (yes, it is a Little Mermaid cover)

No comments: